Saturday, April 28

Birthday surprises, galore!

Thanks to all my friends and family for your kind words, thoughtful cards, encouraging phone calls, and extravagant birthday gifts! You've all really made my day!

It has been a nice, sunny day here in Medford, Massachusetts. First, I woke up to the sound of my mother singing a very "jazzy" version of Happy Birthday. Then, I walked to the school bookstore and bought myself a snazzy new "Tufts" track jacket. Next, I headed down to Davis Square and treated myself to some icecream (Oreo flavor) at JP Licks. And since then, I've been having an amazing time here in the library.

While the library isn't the most exciting place to celebrate a birthday, I have to say that I just received a nice little birthday "surprise." Today is the "Spring Fling" at Tufts Univesity, a day of celebration when the undergraduate students drink too much and let it all hang out. Apparently, one female student felt the need to let it all hang out by removing all of her clothes and running through the Ginn Library at Fletcher. Of all the surprises I've gotten today, the "birthday suit" might have been the most memorable (and strangely humorous)!

I'd like to also thank my amazing roommates and friends for celebrating this day with me. Knowing how busy everyone is makes me appreciate you guys all the more! You're the best.

Thanks again, everyone.

No comments: