Monday, May 14

Nearly grounded in Boston

I just arrived to Atlanta and I'm quite happy just to be here! When checking in for my flight from Boston I was told that I couldn't board the plane because I did not have the proper travel visa. A tourist visa is only valid for 90 days and since I will be staying in Colombia for longer, this led to several tense moments. Then again, I wasn't that worried because I will have a work visa within a few days. I knew that in the worst-case scenario, I could have had my tourist visa extended by simply leaving the country and re-entering to get a new stamp in my passport. This is a common practice that I have done before, therefore I knew that the airline representative was mistaken. In the end, the woman working behind the counter realized her mistake and let me board the plane to Atlanta. It all worked out in the end, but for a few minutes I thought that my travel plans had hit a snag.

No comments: